The STEMinds Eduponics Mini is smart agriculture and IoT board. With an ESP32 module at its heart, Eduponics Mini features an array of built-in sensors—including temperature, humidity, barometric, ambient light, RTC, and EEPROM. Externally, the kit includes water quantity, water pump, and soil moisture sensors—that work together to make smart agriculture easy and affordable. It supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity and consumes very little power, making it perfect for real-world IoT applications.
Eduponics Mini can help you develop essential Industry-4.0 skills while creating real-world applications that are also useful in your daily life. Examples might include:
- An automated plant-watering system
- Environmental monitoring and data-driven irrigation projects
- Hydroponics and aquaponics (using external sensors)
- An IoT weather station
- A smart aquarium- or reef-monitoring system
- Research to inform plant growth and disease predictions
Custom mobile APP
We’ve designed and developed an easy-to-use mobile app for the Eduponics system. It has a React Native user interface and a public MQTT broker on the backend, which means there’s no need to deploy and maintain a database. It allows you to:
- Control and monitor an unlimited number of plants
- Water and monitor your plants remotely, from anywhere
- Monitor soil moisture, humidity, temperature, and sunlight exposure
The Eduponics App currently supports soil-moisture sensors only, but we are working to add support for hydroponics and even smart-aquarium projects!
In addition, we’ve created a library to help you modify nearly every aspect of the app. With it, you can add plants, rename them, configure new sensors, and more. It is currently available for Android and will soon be available for iOS.
Eduponics Mini ESP32 Dev board
- Integrated ESP32-WROVER module with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support and an external antenna connector
- Support 5-12 V power input via DC and USB Type-C interfaces
- Compatible with Arduino IDE and MicroPython
- XH2.54 2P Interface for the pump, integrated with built-in relay
- XH2.54 3P Interface for soil-moisture sensor (or any other analog or digital device)
- XH2.54 4P Interface for water-quantity sensor
- On/Off and Reset switches and a "wake-up" button to resume from deep-sleep mode
- Integrated I²C RTC DS1307 module (coin-cell battery not included)
- Integrated I²C BH1750 I²C light sensor
- Integrated I²C BME280 temperature, humidity, and barometric sensor (3 in 1)
- Integrated I²C AT24C02 EEPROM
- Extension pins for DHT11 / DHT22 sensors (DHT sensor not included)
- IO Extension pins to connect extra sensors with 3.3 - 12 V output pins
- Dimensions: 53 x 71 mm
** Board only, the kit is available separately **
This product comes with the Eduponics Mini dev board only + USB Type-C cable, if you'd like to purchase a more complete solution, please consider ordering the Eduponics Mini kit which includes custom sensors and accessories.