Eduponics mini ESP32 agriculture IoT dev board
Eduponics Mini is a smart-agriculture and IoT dev board. Built-in with ESP32-4MB-WROVER module, the board can enable wireless WiFi and Bluetooth capabilities to any project. The Eduponics Mini integrates multiple sensors and devices such as:
- Temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure
- Interface for the soil moisture sensor
- Interface for water quantity sensor
- EEPROM memory
- Real-time clock module (RTC)
- Ambient light diode
- Water pump relay
With this array of IoT agriculture sensors, Eduponics mini ESP32 IoT development board is able to turn any idea into reality. The Eduponics mini is perfect for smart agriculture, plant watering, and IoT indoor and outdoor applications.
STEMinds truly believes that quality and precise hardware should be available in the hands of everyone. for that reason, we designed Eduponics mini, a smart ESP32 IoT agriculture dev board that enables anyone to create real-world scenario IoT applications at an affordable price.
Companion mobile app
Eduponics comes with a companion app available for Android devices. The app is the perfect solution for remote IoT agriculture sensors monitoring. Using the app, it’s possible to customize the plant’s names and remotely monitor the environmental data of the plants such as temperature, humidity, air pressure, and soil moisture. The app is available through the Google play store.
If you are wondering what smart agriculture system using IoT project, Eduponics mini has it all. From plant monitoring to automatic watering solutions, Eduponics mini is an open source, easy-to-use, customizable board to turn your ideas into reality. Here is some of the applications you could create using the Eduponics mini ESp32 IoT development board:
- Smart plant automatic watering system
- Environmental monitoring and data-driven irrigation system
- Hydroponics and aquaponics monitoring system
- IoT weather station
- A smart aquarium or reef-monitoring system
- Research to inform plant-growth and disease predictions
- Integrated ESP32-4MB-WROVER module with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. support for an external antenna.
- Support 5-12V power input via DC and USB Type-C interfaces.
- Compatible with Arduino IDE and MicroPython.
- XH2.54 2P Interface for the pump, integrated with a built-in relay.
- XH2.54 3P Interface for soil-moisture sensor (or any other analog or digital device).
- XH2.54 4P Interface for the water-quantity sensor.
- On/Off and Reset switches and a “wake-up” button to resume from deep-sleep mode.
- Integrated I²C RTC DS1307 module (coin-cell battery not included).
- Integrated I²C BH1750 I²C light sensor.
- Integrated I²C BME280 temperature, humidity, and barometric sensor (3 in 1).
- Integrated I²C AT24C02 EEPROM
- Extension pins for DHT11 / DHT22 sensors (DHT sensor not included)
- IO Extension pins to connect extra sensors with 3.3 – 12 V output pins
- Dimensions: 53 x 71 mm
Open source software
Eduponics mini contains software in both Arduino C and MicroPython coding languages. The software is freely available under an MIT license in STEMinds official github repository. Currently, there is full support for MicroPython and partial support for Arduino C. All drivers are supported except the custom mobile app which only supports MicroPython at the moment.
STEMinds provides complete documentation at docs.steminds.com with step-by-step tutorials on how to get started with the Edupnics mini ESP32 IoT agriculture dev board.